TOLV is a Mission-Driven Company that converts combustion engine vehicles (diesel or gasoline) into 100% electric vehicles. This is known as retrofit, a technique officially authorized in France since April 2020.
At the heart of this innovation is a simple observation: there are over a billion combustion engine vehicles on Earth, responsible for approximately 30% of global CO2 emissions. Rather than sending these vehicles to the scrapyard to produce another billion clean vehicles, we have decided to give them a second life by converting them to electric.
The company currently employs around twenty five individuals, and we are constantly on the lookout for talented individuals who will strengthen our teams. If you wish to contribute to making mobility cleaner and more accessible, and if you share our values and ambitions, we invite you to apply without delay!
As the Automotive Test Engineer / Technician in our automotive and retrofit engineering team, your mission is to validate and verify the conformity of the products developped by TOLV, in accordance with Customer specifications, Regulations specifications and safety requirements. Your missions are the definition, execution and restitution of test plans. You will work in Fontaine (Grenoble), and will have to move to the different laboratory accross France to perform the tests.
You will be integrated inside a team of Engineering and under the direct supervision of the Homologation Engineer.
Building the Test plan
- Participating in defining the verification and validation plan for the retrofit
- Defining the needed ressources to execute the test
Executing & reporting Tests
- Conduct tests on the products or vehicles to ensure requirements completion
- Conduct debug driving sequences to ensure full completion of functional features
- Execute a full Homologation campaign to qualify the Vehicles
- Move with the Vehicles accross the different Laboratories
- Program the test campagin with External Laboratories (dates, ressources, budget)
- Analyse & report on the tests results
Preparing products for the Test phase
- Prepare the necessary tools for each needed tests
- Buil the necessary test bench or tools necessary to execute tests
- Ensure proper readiness of the vehicles before going in a test campaign
Calibration of the product
- Calibrate the Drivetrain to ensure proper customer experience
- Calibrate the on board electronics to ensure proper customer experience
Complete the Non Conformity reports and respect the process
- Conduct & Participate in the search of new solutions to improve the product or organization (Root Cause Analysis...)
- Conduct driving phases to validate the implementation of correction on the product
- Reading plans and technical documentation
- Experience in automotive testing and validation
- Knowledge of electrical engineering (electric motor, controller, batteries, BMS...) would be a plus
- Spoken and written English
- Driver Licence is mandatory (B driver licence, C1 is a plus)
- Embedded automotive tools management (Peak, CAN messages reader, CAN Clip or equivalent...)
- Mechanical handywork
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Rigor and organization
- Team Player
Master's degree in physical measurement OR
Engineering degree specialized in automotive OR
Engineering degree with specialization in electrical engineering OR
Experience in the automotive sector OR
Licencing in Physical measurement (DUT + Licence Pro)
Why join us?
Join a startup that is beginning its industrial takeoff with promising prospects for development, both in France and internationally.
- The opportunity to experience scaling up with all the challenges it entails.
- Serve a noble cause and advocate for ecological and social values.
- A flexible working environment and a passionate team.
We hope to see you soon and are eager to meet you !